Ref: Defendant - Costs Negotiator, Leonard House The position will involve working alongside the firms Defendant Department - reviewing and negotiating Claimants costs, predominantly RTA. Negotiating on bills and schedules served, preparing points of dispute, liaising with both internal and external Draftsman, and an element of administration work. Read more and apply
Ref: Defendant - Legal Adviser, Leonard House Role Summary:
• Deal with all aspects of litigated and non – litigated Defence personal injury claims, including RTA claims, and pursuing Part 20 claims on behalf of clients when appropriate.
• Have a good working knowledge of the CPR and/or and other relevant case law and/or legislation and progressing defences in a timely manner in accordance with the CPR.
• Have a working knowledge and where appropriate advise on/progress claims involving technical arguments such as indemnity/RTA/Article 75 Insurer issues, resiling from admissions, and pursuing non-parties to litigation.
• Instruct Counsel, to attend conferences, hearings and CMC’s etc.
• Undertake telephone advocacy when appropriate e.g. allocation hearings and CMCs.
• Take a pragmatic commercial approach to settlements and advising clients as to litigation/cost risks.
• Ensure any appropriate instructions are obtained from any relevant insurance clients.
• Ensure any appropriate instructions are obtained from any relevant lay clients.
• Prioritise urgent schedule entries and dealing with remainder of daily tasks on To Do list.
• Achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to fee income, closures and issuing etc Read more and apply
Carpenters is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under number 625845 www.sra.org.uk and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under number 755996 www.fca.org.uk
*Please note that calls to numbers pre-fixed 0844 are not free - for BT residential customers the cost is no more than 7p per minute plus a 15.97p set-up fee (@June 2015). The cost for non-BT phone lines may be different. Please check the BT price list for charges to other 0844 numbers as charges vary depending on the three digits following 0844. Calls to 0800, 0808 and 0500 numbers are free if made from a UK landline. Non-BT customers and mobile phone users should contact their service providers for information about the cost of calls.